PricePlow.com is a nutritional product price comparison site. Throughout our development, we kept seeing junk food marketed as health food -- particularly from the protein bars category.
In reality, the products on this page are no closer to being a healthy snack or meal replacement than a bag of chips.
The protein bars here are fine for a cheat meal or an unhealthy snack, but make no mistake, we do not believe that they arehealthy.
Junk Food Disguised as Health Food
We keep seeing the same things over and over, and it disgusts us. Here are some things to consider:
- Just because it's "organic" doesn't mean it's healthy
- Processed carbs will ruin your diet -- and your body
- Maltodextrin is not a healthy carb
- Soy protein is not a healthy source of protein for most individuals -- especially men.
- Sugar (especially dextrose), taken post-workout, can be extremely beneficial. But when it's marketed as a "healthy food," we take offense.