Vitamin packs are prepackaged, per-serving products that contain more than one pill or capsule (specifically multivitamins, but sometimes minerals as well). Typically the packs are crafted to meet specific goals and needs. For example, one multivitamin pack may be targeted to athletes who are involved in high-level physical activities.
Many vitamin packs are geared towards physical fitness and athletic performance. Not only do they contain the basic spectrum of vitamins that are found in standard multivitamin products, they also generally include unique ingredients, such as essential fatty acids (EFA's), digestive enzymes, and ingredients that provide joint support.
Anyone who has ever been to a convenience store has probably noticed racks of multivitamin packs that claim to cure hangovers, provide an energetic blast for long drives, and intense focus for students studying for that big exam.
Vitamin packs provide the same benefits as a standard multivitamin product, but often with higher dosages and extra ingredients. Additional ingredients can cover a wide range of benefits, such as improved digestion, immune support, energy, and mental focus.
Multivitamin packs are so popular because they take the guesswork out of the equation. Having stomach problems? Pick up a vitamin pack with digestive enzymes. Worried about your joint health? A joint support multivitamin pack will have all the nutrients you need to restore your joint health.
Some products, such as Cytosport's Monster Multi and Vitastack by AllMax Nutrition, include essential fatty acids (EFA) in their formula. However, if you decide to choose a product that does not include EFA's, it would be smart to consider using fish oil, a natural supplement that is rich in essential fatty acids.
It is becoming increasingly popular for companies to add digestive enzymes to their vitamin packs to ensure proper digestion and nutrient assimilation. If the product you purchase does not include digestive enzymes, it would be a good idea to pick up a bottle here at PricePlow. We suggest giving MRM's Digest All a try.
Like vitamins, minerals are considered micronutrients, many of which are essential to human health. Almost all vitamin packs will include a mineral complex in order to create a more well rounded product, however, you should still check the label on your multivitamin to make sure that it includes adequate amounts of minerals. If it doesn't, you should think about adding a multi-mineral to your purchase.
Some of the most popular products contain ingredients that support joint health, such as glucosamine, cissus, chondroitin, and MSM. If your multivitamin pack doesn't include a joint support complex, or if you would like to reinforce the joint complex that it does have, we recommend that you check out Cissus XT by SNS or Joint Help by iForce.
It's hard to account for all of the nutrients added to all the multivitamin packs on the market today. When used responsibly, these products should not cause any adverse problems. At dosages exceeding the recommended amount, some minor side effects may occur, like headaches, nausea, niacin flush, diarrhea, or loss of appetite.
Taking an iron supplement can be risky for some people, including women who are pregnant or lactating, children, seniors, and individuals with certain medical conditions. Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any new regimen of supplementation, especially if you're taking prescription medications.
If you are not carefully monitoring your diet, it may be possible for you to reach toxic levels of certain vitamins and minerals. It's only worth keeping in mind if you already take a daily multivitamin and add these products to your regime.
Taking vitamin supplements is a convenient way to make sure you're covering your nutritional bases, but maintaining a well balanced diet with a variety of whole foods should always be a top priority. Always choose foods that are nutrient-dense and rich in vitamins and minerals.
Where to buy
At PricePlow, we provide you with all the essential information you need to make an informed purchasing decision. Make sure you read our unbiased reviews and extensive research on popular supplements and key ingredients. Don't cheat yourself, utilize the platform we provide to compare prices on the products you love to ensure yourself that you are getting the best deal possible!
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Vitamin A;" Reviewed June 2013
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Vitamin C;" Reviewed June 2013
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Vitamin D;" Reviewed June 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin E;" Reviewed January 2012
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Vitamin E;" Reviewed June 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B1 (Thiamine);" Reviewed June 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin);" Reviewed June 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B3 (Niacin);" Reviewed August 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid);" Reviewed June 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine);" Reviewed June 2022
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Vitamin B9 (Folic acid);" Reviewed June 2011
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Calcium;" Reviewed November 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Phosphorus;" Reviewed June 2011
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Iodine;" Reviewed June 2011
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Magnesium;" Reviewed November 2013
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Zinc;" Reviewed June 2013
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Selenium;" Reviewed July 2013
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Copper;" Reviewed March 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Manganese;" Reviewed July 2011
- University of Maryland Medical Center; "Potassium;" Reviewed July 2011
- Office of Dietary Supplements; "Iron;" Reviewed August 2007
Vitamin Pack News on PricePlow
Dec 08, 2021 Deal
Cutler Nutrition Pro-Pack hit the Hot Deals page:
Jun 27, 2021 Product News
AllMax Nutrition VITASTACK has new variations: Vitamin Packs
Mar 04, 2021 Product News
Universal Animal Pak has new variations: Vitamin Packs
Feb 02, 2021 Blog Post
Bob Levi Named CEO of Universal Nutrition
Universal Nutrition, creators of the legendary Animal Pak, have always been family-owned and operated. In 2021, they brought their first CEO, Bob Levi
Jan 05, 2021 YouTube Video
Meet The New and Improved Animal Pak | The Product That Started A Brand
Dec 13, 2020 Product News
Universal Animal Pak has new variations: Vitamin Packs
Dec 09, 2020 Blog Post
Universal Animal Pak: The Product That Created a Brand
Universal Nutrition created the original Animal Pak nearly 30 years ago, but they continue to improve the existing formula with better ingredients!
Jun 10, 2019 Blog Post
SteelFit Steel Multi-V: The Dieter’s Multivitamin Drink
SteelFit Steel Multi-V is a multivitamin multimineral powder drink mix that brings HUGE doses of diet-supporting nutrients. Fight insulin resistance!
Jun 06, 2019 Blog Post
Live Relentless: Tim Kennedy’s Supplement Brand Launches to Major Success
Meet the Alpha Sheep Dog, Tim Kennedy at the new Relentless Nutrition Launch Event in Austin, TX on April 13, 2019!
May 01, 2019 YouTube Video
Relentless Daily Wellness: Night/Day Multivitamins, Nootropics, & Sleep Aids!
Apr 21, 2019 YouTube Video
Tim Kennedy (Army Green Beret, MMA) Brings RELENTLESS Supplements
Apr 20, 2019 YouTube Video
Introducing RELENTLESS Nutrition with CEO Charlie Hartwig
Apr 18, 2016 Blog Post
Animal Pak POWDER: The Solution to “Pill” Problems
Animal Pak POWDER?! After dominating the multi-vitamin realm for 30 years, Animal Pak is now available in the much easier consumed powder form.
Oct 12, 2015 Blog Post
Magnum PRIMER – Peak Performance Vitamin Pack
Magnum Primer is a comprehensive multivitamin / multimineral that covers all the bases you need plus omega 3 and digestive support.
Sign up for future Vitamin Pack news!
Click the button below to sign up for future Vitamin Pack news, deals, coupons, and reviews!
Vitamin Pack Deals
The following hot deals are still active:
- Dec 08, 2021Cutler Nutrition Pro-Pack hit the Hot Deals page:
Vitamin Pack Price Alerts
The following price alerts are still active:
- Dec 08, 2021Cutler Nutrition Pro-Pack 28 Packs dropped by 87.5% to $3.99 at Supplement Hunt
- Dec 02, 2021Universal Animal Pak 20 Sticks (only Orange) dropped by 35.0% to $11.12 at AllStarHealth
- Dec 02, 2021Universal Animal Pak 22 Servings (only Cherry Bomb) dropped by 8.6% to $37.99 at Vitamin Shoppe
- Nov 12, 2021AllMax Nutrition VITASTACK 30 Servings dropped by 12.7% to $22.00 at AllStarHealth
- Jul 22, 2021Universal Animal Pak 20 Sticks (only Cherry Berry) dropped by 15.2% to $21.00 at AllStarHealth
Sign up for future Vitamin Pack deals and coupons!
Click the button below to sign up for future Vitamin Pack deals, news, and coupons!
Vitamin Pack Reviews & Videos
Subscribe for more Vitamin Pack news and alerts!