Warning: This product is not currently available at any store.
Click the button above and PricePlow will email you when the first store has it in stock!
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV *|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate)||15IU||50%|
|(Beta Alanine [2g], N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, Alpha Lipoic Acid)|
* % Daily Value (DV) is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your calorie needs.
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
Gelatin, Cellulose, Calcium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Magnesium Stearate
As a dietary supplement, take one serving twice daily. IntraXCell may be taken with or without food--food may dampen the prickling/flushing effect that some people experience from Beta-Alanine.
Not for use by individuals under the age of 18, Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a physician before using.
Until now, creatine, with numerous research studies to support its effectiveness, was the leading supplement for improving exercise and muscular performance. Since creatine made its explosion into the sports nutrition world in the early nineties, our understanding of exercise physiology and sports nutrition has evolved exponentially. Recent research is giving rise to another supplement breakthrough…one that will change the direction of the industry like creatine did so many years ago. The research supported, IntraXCell* is THE next breakthrough supplement for increasing explosive strength, muscle mass and endurance.
(As supported by TWO research studies)
- In 8 weeks, subjects gained 2lbs of Lean Body Mass (LBM) on average, with some subjects gaining up to 7lbs of LBM!
- Boost Muscular Strength & Power Output
- Delay Muscular Fatigue - Train Harder & Longer
- No Bloating or Water-Retention
While other supplement companies talk a big game, making unsubstantiated claims with no scientific support, Athletic Edge Nutrition is different. We are a NEW breed of supplement company. We raise the standard, by placing our exact formula (IntraXCell) through the rigors of a scientific research study. In doing so, we want to PROVE to you that IntraXCell delivers the promised results and will meet and exceed your highest expectations!
- Kern BD, Robinson TL, Manninen AH. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation onexercise performance during a competitive wrestling season: An 8-week open label pilotstudy.
- Kern BD, Robinson TL. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on performance andbody composition in collegiate wrestlers and football players. Performance and PhysicalEducation Department, Adams State College, Alamosa, Colorado
How IntraXcell Works
While beta-alanine is largely responsible for the majority of performance benefits you gain from IntraXCell, there are other contributing factors to the science of IntraXCell. First, we will discuss some key issues occurring during exercise that limit us from reaching our strength and muscle mass goals. We will then explain just how IntraXCell’s ingredeints effectively targets these limitations.
What stops us from making NEW muscle gains, BIG increases in strength and limits us from reaching our full potential?
The sequence of events looks like this:
- Our energy systems release large amounts of hydrogen ions(H+) during high intensity exercise.
- H+ cause fatigue and cause your muscles pH to drop(become more acidic)
- As our muscles pH quickly drops, so does your strength, while muscular fatigue increases
- At the same time, fatigue causing free radicals are increased with exercise.
The Result of these events: Strength plummets, fatigue sets in and muscles are not adequately worked. Without sufficient overload, your muscles cannot and will NOT grow.
How can IntraXCell combat these events?
- By utilizing a researched dose of beta-alanine, that dramatically boosts the levels of a powerful H+ buffer inside our muscles called carnosine.
- Carnosine is a naturally occurring di-peptide that has the ability to stabilize muscular pH by soaking up (H+)
- Carnosine is found in both type I and type II muscle fibers, but is highest in type II muscle fibers. Type II muscle fibers are primarily used in high intensity strength workouts and are most responsive to muscular growth.
- By increasing carnosine concentrations in type II muscle fibers, you greatly enhance their ability to buffer/absorb increased amounts of H+ that are released during exercise.
- Includes the antioxidants NAC, ALA and Vitamin E, which work along with carnosine to combat fatigue causing, free radicals.
How do the other key ingredients in IntraXCell’s formula work with the beta-alanine content and support intracellular carnosine levels?
One of carnosine’s attributes beyond stabilizing muscular pH, is its ability to act as an intracellular antioxidant that can fight cellular fatigue. Knowing these secondary benefits of carnosine, we have combined other ingredients with beta-alanine that have the ability to boost yet another powerful intracellular antioxidant called glutathione. At the same time, the IntraXCell formula can directly work with carnosine’s antioxidant ability.
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) - NAC increases glutathione levels inside the cell which is a power antioxidant that fights cellular fatigue. Interestingly beta-alanine has now been shown to increase the synthesis of glutathione by increasing the availability of its precursor cysteine. Beta-Alanine and NAC work perfectly together.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E has been shown to increase carnosine levels more than carnsoine alone. Carnosine has been shown to increases Vitamin E antioxidant ability. These two operate hand in hand.
- Alpha-Lipoic-Acid – alpha-lipoic-acid is a highly versatile antioxidant that boosts the above other two antioxidants, vitamin E and the end result of NAC supplementation,(boosted glutathione levels).
The End Result: IntraXCell keeps us in an optimal pH range by buffering/absorbing H+, while simultaneously fighting fatigue-causing, free radicals. In doing so, our muscles are able to perform at much higher levels.
IntraXcell Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can benefit from IntraXCell?
- Individuals participating in weight training looking to gain lean muscle mass and increase strength.
- Any individual involved in athletic activities where strength, power and muscular endurance are needed.
- Active individuals who have reached a training plateau and are looking for something to take them to the next level.
Q: How long will it take for me to start noticing benefits?
Performance benefits typically start occurring in as little as two weeks, although some individuals will notice benefits within one week. As carnosine levels continue to increase, so will the benefits. The most dramatic results are generally experienced within the 3-4 week range, but they don’t stop there. Recent research is now showing carnosine levels continue to increase up to at least 12 weeks, so the benefits just keep on getting better which is why we recommend to continuously stay on IntraXCell for at least 3 months to optimize your carnosine levels.
Immediate benefits: Many users experience intense vasodilatation/pumps from the very first time they take their first does of IntraXCell. The reason this occurs is because Beta-Alanine increases carnosine and carnosine is a powerful precursor in generating nitric oxide synthase (NOS). NOS are a group of enzymes necessary for making the powerful vasodilator nitric oxide. Take IntraXCell with SteelEdge prior to exercise and let us know your experience. We are confident that you will be very pleased pumps/vasodilatation from your very first workout.
Q: There are a few other beta-alanine, carnosine boosters out there, what makes IntraXCell different?
- IntraXCell was the world’s FIRST Dedicated beta-alanine, carnosine booster in convenient capsule form.
- IntraXCell is the FIRST and ONLY stand alone beta-alanine formula that is backed by TWO research studies
- With IntraXCell, you get a large 4 gram dose of Beta-Alanine per day complying to the actual dosage used in the scientific research. Other carnosine boosters put beta-alanine in proprietary blends and do not list the amount, so it’s impossible unless the company discloses the actual beta-alanine content for you to know if you are really getting a high enough dose to build up carnosine levels and reap all the benefits!
- IntraXCell is designed with no stimulants so it can be taken anytime during the day everyday including late night workout sessions.
- IntraXCell is a true carnosine booster without the unnecessary fluff that’s added to some of the other carnosine boosters currently on the market.
Q: What other supplements do you recommend to maximize the results when taking IntraXCell?
- We recommend our Intra-Workout formula IntrAbolic, that is perfectly designed to work with IntraXCell. Think Peanut butter and jelly with these two products, one should not be without the other
- Our premium pre-workout formula, PreSurge is recommended to complete this insanely effective muscle building, performance stack.
Q: Are there any stimulants in IntraXCell?
Q: Can I take IntraXCell late at night?
- Hoffman J, Ratamess N, Kang J, Mangine G, Faigenbaum A, Stout J. (2006)Effect of Creatine and ß-Alanine Supplementation on Performance andEndocrine Responses in Strength/Power Athletes. IJSNEM, 16(4).
- Zoeller RF, Stout JR, O'kroy JA, Torok DJ, Mielke M.(2006)Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementationon aerobic power, ventilatory and lactate thresholds, and time toexhaustion. Amino Acids, 1-6
- Harris RC, Tallon MJ Dunnett M, Boobis L, Coakley J, Kim HJ, Fallowfield JL,Hill CA, Sale C, Wise JA (2006) The absorption of orally supplied §-alanineand its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis.Amino Acids, March.
- Harris RC, Ponte J, Sale C, Jones GA, Kim HJ, Wise JA. Effect of 14 and 28days B-Alanine(Carnosyn) supplementation on isometric endurance of the kneeextensors.Univeristy of Chichester, Chichester UK; Korea National SportUniveristy, Seoul Korea. Poster Presentation
- Harris RC, Marlin DJ, Dunnett M, Snow DH, Hultman E ((1990) Muscle bufferingcapacity & dipeptide content in the thoroughbred horse, greyhound dog & man.Comparative Biochem Physiol 97A: 249-251
- Hill CA, Harris RC, Kim HJ, Harris BD, Sale C, Boobis LH, Kim CK, Wise JA(2006) Influence of b- alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosineconcentrations and high intensity cycling capacity Amino Acids.
- Hill C. A., R. C. Harris, H. J. Kim, L. Boobis, C. Sale, J. A. Wise. "Theeffect of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on musclecomposition and exercise performance." (Presented at the American College ofSports Medicine Annual conference, 2005, Nashville.)
- Kim HJ, Kim CK, Lee YW, Harris RC, Sale C, Harris DB, and Wise JA (2006) Theeffect of a supplement containing ß-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesisand exercise capacity, during 12 wk combined endurance and weight training.J. Inter. Soc. Sports Nutr. 3(1): S9
- Stout JR, Cramer JT, Mielke M, O'Kroy J, Torok D, and Zoeller RF (2006)Effects of 28 days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementationon the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold JStrength Cond Res (in press)
- Stout JR, Cramer JT, Zoeller RF, Torok D, Costa P, Hoffman JR (2006) Effectsof beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue andventilatory threshold in women. Amino Acids. Nov 30
- Suzuki Y, Ito O, Takahashi H, Takamatsu K (2004) The effect of sprinttraining on skeletal muscle carnosine in humans. Intl J Sport Health Sci 2:105-110.
- Suzuki Y, Ito O, Mukai N, Takahashi H, Takamatsu K (2002) High Level ofSkeletal Muscle Carnosine Contributes to the Latter Half of ExercisePerformance during 30-s Maximal Cycle Ergometer Sprinting. Jpn J Physiol52:199-205.