Thorne Research - Zinc Bisglycinate 30 mg. - 60 Capsules
From supporting immune function to reproductive health, zinc is an essential nutrient that plays a key role in your health. Support optimal wellness with a highly absorbable form of zinc. Zinc supports general wellness, promotes healthy connective tissue, and helps maintain eye and reproductive health.
Benefits of Thorne's zinc supplement suite:
- Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to immune response
- Zinc is essential for activating a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body's inflammatory response during times of immune stress
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions
- Zinc promotes healthy skin and eyes
- Zinc supports the body's normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for building lean muscle mass
If there were a super mineral, then zinc would be a contender. Zinc is an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions, and it plays a key role in growth, immune function, testosterone metabolism, and numerous other functions in your body.
Clinical studies demonstrate zinc supplementation increases general wellness and has a beneficial impact on connective tissue, as well as reproductive and eye health.
If the body has trouble absorbing a nutrient, then it can't obtain the nutrient's benefits. Thorne offers two highly absorbable forms of zinc: Zinc Picolinate and Zinc Bisglycinate. Zinc Picolinate is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid, which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. Zinc Bisglycinate is zinc that is bound to two molecules of the amino acid glycine – creating a true amino acid chelate.