Articles on Morphogen Nutrition AlphaGEN:
Feb 21, 2022 Morphogen Nutrition Rebrands! Ben Hartman #2 | PPP #063
Ben Hartman re-joins the PricePlow Podcast to talk about Morphogen Nutrition's major re-launch and re-brand!
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop in 12-16oz water (depending on flavor preference) and consume 15-30 minutes pre-workout. Start with ½ scoop to assess tolerance. Gradually build up to 1 scoop.
DO NOT use more than one scoop at a time. DO NOT use more than 3 (three) scoops in a 24 hour period.
- A nonessential amino acid that is used to make the catecholamine neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine (adrenaline).
- While L-Tyrosine is less water soluble than other forms of Tyrosine (N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, for example), it is more bioavailable in the body and thus raises plasma Tyrosine levels up to 10x more than other forms of tyrosine.
- Tyrosine is commonly dosed between 500-2,000mg up to 60 minutes prior to activity. Doses in the 7-13g range of L-Tyrosine act as an anti-stress compound for acute stressors such as strenuous exercise.
- ALPHAGEN contains an industry leading 10,000mg L-Tyrosine per serving.
- L-Citrulline is an amino acid that is more effective at increasing L-Arginine levels in the body than L-Arginine supplementation. Malate (or Malic Acid) is a Kreb's cycle intermediate involved in energy metabolism. Typically they are combined in a 2:1 ratio as L-Citrulline DL-Malate.
- Increases nitric oxide (NO) metabolism, resulting in greater blood flow and “pump”. Used to alleviate erectile dysfunction caused by high blood pressure.
- Improves metabolite recycling processes, reduces fatigue and improves endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
- Common dosing is 6,000-8,000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1.
- ALPHAGEN contains 8,000mg L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 per serving.
- Derived from the velvet bean plant and is a rich source the precursor to dopamine and eventually adrenaline.
- Dopamine plays a major role in reward-motivated behavior, and will make the user feel energetic, happy, and increase their ability to undertake stressful tasks.
- Dopamine is also involved in motor control.
- ALPHAGEN contains 750mg Mucuna Pruriens per serving.
- Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (AlphaGPC) is recognized as the "premier" choline donor, especially compared to other forms of choline that offer reduced bioavailability.
- Promotes formation of acetylcholine (AC), a vital neurotransmitter compound involved in all key brain functions and mental sharpness.
- Improvement in key brain functions, including memory, concentration, learning, recall, and focus.
- Optimizes muscular power output, sharpens agility, and also delays mental fatigue due motor unit activation of muscle fibers and subsequent muscle contraction, as well as its mental sharpness benefits.
- ALPHAGEN contains 600mg AlphaGPC (50% yielding 300mg active Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline) per serving.
- Advantra Z is a Bitter Orange extract that contains synephrine, a beta-agonist similar to ephedrine, albeit less potent, along with naturally occurring compounds such as hordenine, octopamine, and other metabolites.
- Increases metabolic rate and fat-burning and shows synergism with caffeine.
- Synephrine is not banned by WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency), has failed to cause false positive drug testing for amphetamines, and has been shown to be safe and free of most adverse side effects.
- 50mg synephrine when taken by healthy subjects at rest has been shown to increase caloric expenditure by 65kcal with no significant influence blood pressure or heart rate.
- Utilizing a low 10% extract means that a host of other beneficial Bitter Orange compounds are present that provide synergy and increased effectiveness.
- ALPHAGEN contains a 500mg Advantra Z (containing 10% synephrine, or 50mg) per serving.
- Advantra Z is a registered trademark of Novel Ingredients licensor of the U.S., Canadian, and E.U. Patents.
- Caffeine is often used to improve physical strength and endurance as well as provide mental stimulation.
- Widely studied for safety and efficacy and most people tolerate it well on a spectrum of dosing. Caution should always be used and dosing should be slowly increased over time as needed for desired effects.
- Caffeine’s half-life is 2.5-4.5 hours so novel, time-released forms of caffeine are generally not necessary for most workouts.
- Acute dosing upwards of 4-6mg/kg BW increases strength and power output. For a 180 lb (82 kg) person, this translates to approximately 330-500mg prior to exercise.
- ALPHAGEN contains 400mg Caffeine Anhydrous (pure caffeine) per serving.
- Eria Jarensis Extract (N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate) is a rich source of amines (such as Phenylethylamine, or PEA) that acts as a neurotransmitter and has positive effects on many of the “happy hormones” such as dopamine and serotonin.
- PEA is rapidly broken down by the MAO-B enzyme whereas the effects of Eria Jarensis are more prolonged.
- Is lipophilic (able to dissolve in fats) and is able to cross the blood-brain barrier more easily than traditional PEA derivatives.
- Has been used in the food supply and is GRAS Status (is Generally Recognized as Safe) as a food additive.
- Shown to elicit anti-depressant actions during exercise, and mood enhancing and energetic effects before traditional stimulants such as caffeine.
- ALPHAGEN contains 300mg Eria Jarensis extract per serving.
- The primary “feel good” compound in chocolate, theobromine is a cocoa extract that may provide cardiovascular and cognitive benefits through improved blood flow and antioxidant effects as well as energy production.
- Increases exercise performance, muscle contractile force, blood flow, alertness, mood enhancement, and metabolic rate.
- Theobromine is commonly dosed between 50-200mg prior to activity.
- ALPHAGEN contains 200mg Theobromine per serving.
- The relaxing amino acid found in tea, Theanine promotes relaxation without sedation; it helps you stay calm without making you tired or drowsy.
- Reduces stress and improves focus, cognition, and attention.
- Theanine helps take off the ‘edge’ of many stimulants, and a synergistic effect is seen when coupled with caffeine.
- Theanine is commonly dosed between 100-200mg prior to activity, or synergistically in combination with caffeine.
- ALPHAGEN contains 100mg L-Theanine per scoop.
- A nootropic molecule that inhibits the enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Huperzine makes choline sources (such as AlphaGPC) work better for longer.
- Huperzine A is shown to work better than Rx drugs for this purpose and is also neuroprotective.
- Effective dosing is 50-300mcg.
- ALPHAGEN contains 300mcg huperzine A per 1 scoop.
What's different with the new formula?
We removed daily loading ingredients like creatine monohydrate and beta-alanine as they don't provide much of an acute effect before exercise.
This opened up space in the scoop for an industry-leading dose of 10,000mg L-Tyrosine.
We also changed the stimulant blend slightly to provide smoother, longer lasting energy and also enhancing mood and motivation more than ever!
What can ALPHAGEN be stacked with?
ALPHAGEN is no doubt incredible on its own.
ALPHAGEN + VOLUGEN (AlphaPUMP stack, returning soon) is the most comprehensive pre-workout stack available in the industry. Mix 1 scoop of each in a full shaker of water (16-24oz) and drink 20-30 minutes before training and get ready for the most productive workout you've ever had.
Some people mix 1/2 scoop ALPHAGEN with 1/2 - 1 scoop THERMOGEN for a fat-burning, mood elevating, sweat inducing powerhouse of a pre-workout or pre-cardio stack!
Why is the caffeine so high?
Formally, the dose of caffeine used in ALPHAGEN aligns with research suggested dosing of caffeine in strength training athletes.
But we get it. If you aren't used to seeing 400mg caffeine on the label, it can be a little scary and intimidating. While we always recommend people start with less than a full serving just in case, this dose is tolerated very very well by a large majority of users.
We also balance out that caffeine dose with a HUGE dose of L-Tyrosine, which helps manage stress during stimulating activity (such as exercise), as well as a moderate dose of L-Theanine which has a synergistic effect when paired with caffeine.
Basically, they help mitigate any possible shakiness from the stimulants while maximizing their benefits.
Why do you use artificial colors and sweeteners in your products, aren't they unhealthy?
The non-active ingredients we utilize (flavors, colors, sweeteners) are all perfectly safe for a vast majority of people when consumed according to label instructions. In very rare cases an individual can have an allergy to a certain ingredient (even active ingredients).