The only aspect of bodybuilding more important than training effort isattention to adequate recovery. Enter Recovery Factor!
- Supports Improved Training and Performance
- Lactotripeptides to Promote Healthy Blood Flow
- Electrolytes to Promote Better Hydration
- Premium Carbohydrate Blend for More Strenuous and Rigorous Workouts
- Essential Amino Acids to Help Stimulate Muscle Protein Synthesis
- Promotes Rapid Recovery from Intense Exercise
- Full Transparency – No Proprietary Blend
Recovering from your workout begins the moment you end your lastset, and it’s recovery, not the workout itself, that is vital for makingprogress. If you blast several muscle groups in a workout, recoveryactually begins during your workout, when you transition from onemuscle group to another! As a matter of fact, recovering betweensets dictates the nature of training stimulus, so recovery actuallystarts after your very rst set.
The vital nature of recovery for making gains is why we’ve createdRecovery Factor XTM (RFX): A precise combination of electrolytes,carbohydrates, essential amino acids (EAAs), and pump enhancingingredients to ensure hydration, preserve precious muscle glycogen,and get an anabolic / anti-catabolic jump start on recovering fromyour workouts.
Activate... Recovery Factor XTM!
To prepare for battle, a warrior arms himself before stepping on thebattle eld. Therefore, we suggest you start consuming RecoveryFactor XTM 10-15 minutes before and throughout your workout toenhance recovery from start to nish. And because these sessionscan be brutal (and long), we’ve added the major electrolytes lost insweat to help keep you well hydrated. Additionally, electrolytes helpwith taste, and we’ve balanced our avoring system with a variety ofmineral salts to make sure Recovery Factor XTM tastes ridiculouslygood.
You’d be mistaken if you think we’ve just concocted a fruity drink youmight order on the beach with a cocktail umbrella. The meat n’potatoes components of Recovery Factor XTM triage recovery andanabolism with carefully chosen carbohydrate, EAAs and pump-enhancing ingredients:
- Performance Carbohydrate And Neurogenic Fuel Blend
- Essential Amino Acid Myotropic Matrix
- Vasoactive Pump Matrix
Recovery Factor XTM: Supplement Synergy Strategy
When it comes down to it, making muscular gains is about goingbeyond simply recovery: Building muscle size, day by day, inch by inch,requires a net positive e ect on muscle protein balance. Reducingmuscle breakdown [probably by increasing insulin levels] is one way that including carbs in your peri-workout recovery drink gets thisdone. Intra-workout carbs also reduce post-exercise cortisol, aimportant predictor of muscle growth over the long haul. Admittedlythough, the science is a actually bit fuzzy as to the acute and long haulbene ts of peri-workout carbs for packing on size per se, but includingcarbs in a recovery drink primes your muscles for restoring glycogen(see Cyclic Dextrin below) and there’s certainly no disadvantage tointra-workout carbohydrate.
Before we get into the details of Recovery Factor XTM, be sure youdon’t lose sight of the big picture when crafting your intra- and post-workout strategy. Intra-workout nutrition is just one piece of thepuzzle: Substantial gains may very well mean consuming morecarbohydrate and/or protein (and calories!) than subjects followingmost research protocols. For example, supersizing your post-workoutcarbohydrate (e.g., with 90-100g) may or may not inhibit proteinbreakdown. However, a glycogen- lled muscle cell is generally a moreanabolic one and a brutal weight training workout dramaticallyelevates metabolic rate, and can even temporarily prohibit glycogenreplenishment despite eating a high carbohydrate diet. This may bewhy one study found that hard training plus massive (>350g) carbohydrate supplementation (even without additional protein!)produces substantial gains in muscle mass without increased body fat.
Obviously protein has it’s role, too. While consuming more than ~40gof post-workout protein may not further increase protein synthesis,doubling this amount!] creates the positive protein balance we wantby blunting protein breakdown. While adding more and more proteinto the diet beyond a certain point isn’t a magic bullet for building moremuscle, there is also little risk of adverse health e ects or gainingbody fat from simply from eating large amounts of protein.
Essentially, Recovery Factor XTM is a great way to jumpstart arecovery strategy based on a sound diet replete with carbs, protein,and calories.
Performance Carbohydrate And Neurogenic Fuel Blend
- Recovery Factor XTM contains highly branched cyclic dextrin(as Cyclic Dextrin) to enhance gastric emptying and minimize gastrointestinal discomfort during exercise [including burpingand gas, which your training partner bene t will appreciate]. Bymore rapidly ushering glucose from the stomach to the smallintestine and blood stream, Cyclic Dextrin can improveperformance, and maintain higher glycogen levels, giving you ahead start on recovering for your next workout.
- To ensure sustained blood glucose during your workout, we’vealso included 6 grams of Isomaltulose (as Palatinose), adisaccharide that produces a steady blood glucose, much lowerthan even table sugar.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is Recovery Factor XTM’s soluble source ofL-tyrosine, a precursor for catecholamine synthesis (e.g.,noradrenaline and dopamine), thus supporting brainneurotransmitter levels and cognitive performance. When underduress (e.g., during a killer workout), tyrosine supplementationmay actually promote the aggressive mentality needed to drivethrough previous performance barriers. Essential Amino Acid Myotropic Matrix
We included the Essential Amino Acid (EAA) Myotropic
Matrix because it’s the essential [not the non-essential] aminoacids that trigger muscle protein synthesis. Leucine (3g) sitsatop this EAA stack because of it’s primacy in triggering proteinanabolism. We were sure focus on the other branched chainaminos (BCAAs; Isoleucine and Valine at 1.5g each) as well,because the BCAAs are known to reduce muscle breakdown andpost-exercise soreness and damage.
The other EAAs blended in the Myotropic Matrix are based on theanabolic EAA mixture used extensively in research, adjustedslightly to take advantage of the anabolic signaling and insulin-releasing e ects of lysine and phenylalanine.
Vasoactive Pump Matrix
- Recovery Factor XTM contains 3g of L-Citrulline, which if consumed alongside ArcReactorTM (our preworkout formulacontaining 6g of L-Citrulline) or some other 3-6g source L-Citrulline, provides an adequate dose to bolster nitric oxidesynthesis [elevating both arginine and nitrite!], open up bloodvessels, drive more blood into muscle, improve exerciseperformance, and perhaps even reduce muscle soreness. L-Citrulline gives you a pump, performance enhancement andrecovery potential, all in one!
- Taurine is a ß-amino acid vital for a plethora of cellularprocesses including maintaining cell volume. Adequatetaurine stores are necessary for optimal muscle force productionand useful to prevent muscle cramps. Although enduranceexercising rodents seem to get an ergogenic boost from taurine,di erences in taurine metabolism probably explain why thishasn’t generally panned out in humans, at least duringendurance events;Rutherford, 2010 #10715}. On the otherhand, a 1-2 gram dose of taurine was ergogenic in an all-out 11min e ort and increased fat burning during a 90 min bout. Still,taurine’s a perfect t in Recovery Factor XTM: Dailysupplementation with taurine and BCAA (in our Mytropic Maxtrix)can speed recovery by reducing post-exercise muscle damageand oxidative stress, without sacri cing the normal adaptivefree-radical quenching adaptations sent in motion by training.
- The casein-derived tripeptides in VasoDrive-APTM have beendemonstrated to normalize blood pressure by inhibitingangiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Inhibiting ACE and/orblocking the angiotensin II receptor also improves insulinsensitivity – vital for muscle blood ow and a good pump - andprotects your muscle cells (and their mitochondria) against ageand free-radical related dysfunction. However, it’s the potentialergogenic e ects of lowering ACE activity that have promptedthe suggestion ACE inhibitors be scrutinized as doping agents!
- Capros is a concentrated extract from Indian gooseberry(a.k.a. amla) with powerful antioxidant properties. Caprosimproves markers of cardiovascular risk(e.g. C-protein levels)and blood vessel function, vital for a skin-splitting pump. [We’veintentionally limited the dose of Capros to ensure that it’s anti-oxidant quenching power (ORAC value) is roughly that of a feworanges, i.e., far less than what could endanger your gains.]
Disclaimer: L-Tyrosine may interact with certain drugs (such as MAOIs,Levodopa and thyroid medications).