Granite Supplements provides cutting edge, healthful nutritional toolsto complement your bodybuilding strategic plan. Whether you’regenerally restricting carbohydrate (e.g., keto-dieting) or simplyprefer a lighter, carb-free intra-workout recovery drink, we’vecreated Keto Factor XTM, a low-carb, ketone-enriched version ofRecovery Factor XTM.
We’ve included some of the recovery and performance perks ofRecovery Factor XTM [electrolytes, essential amino acids (EAAs)] in KetoFactor XTM, as well as the pump enhancing ingredients, to ensurehydration and anabolism / anti-catabolism, but replacedcarbohydrate with ß-hydroxybutyrate, so you now have the exibilityto:
- Build upon an entry-level dose of ketone bodies (as goBHBTMß-hydroxybutyrate salts) by supplementing with additionalketone bodies and/or medium chain triglycerides.
- Focus your nutrient timing towards pre- and/or post-workoutcarbohydrate intake (e.g., eat more whole foods). Keto Factor XTM is a powerful nutritional performance and recoverytool. In addition to the major electrolytes lost in sweat [to help keepyou well hydrated], we’ve included a synergistic combination of threesupplement matrices:
- Ketogenic and Neurogenic Fuel Matrix
- Essential Amino Acid Myotropic Matrix
- Vasoactive Pump Matrix
Essential Amino Acid Myotropic Matrix
- We included the Essential Amino Acid (EAA) Myotropic Matrix because it’s the essential [not the non-essential] aminoacids that trigger muscle protein synthesis. Leucine (3g) sitsatop this EAA stack because of it’s primacy in triggering proteinanabolism. We were sure focus on the other branched chainaminos (BCAAs; Isoleucine and Valine at 1.5g each) as well,because the BCAAs are known to reduce muscle breakdown andpost-exercise soreness and damage.
- The other EAAs blended in the Myotropic Matrix are based on theanabolic EAA mixture used extensively in research, adjustedslightly to take advantage of the anabolic signaling and insulin-releasing e ects of lysine and phenylalanine. Ketogenic and Neurogenic Fuel Blend
Keto Factor XTM contains 4,600mg (4.6g) of (goBHBTM) ß-
hydroxybutyrate (BHB) salts, a hearty entry-level dose ofthis ketone body. By building upon this with additional BHB salts,or ideally, a ketone ester supplement, blood ketone levels can beelevated dose-dependently. [Unfortunately, the extremelyviscous, oily and bitter nature of available ketone monoesterswould make a sticky, nasty mess out of the Keto Factor XTMpowder.] Still, a low dose of BHB salts (~17g for a 220lbbodybuilder) can rapidly elevate blood BHB to levels normallyseen only after 1-2 days of fasting, and the same dose of BHBesters can almost double peak BHB levels. [NOTE: that amountof BHB salt would mean a large acid/salt load, but adding (caprylic and capric acid based) medium chain triglyceride canmake BHB salts much more ketogenic.] While the data are verysparse, elevating blood ketones may serve as an alternate fuel toenhance endurance performance, suppress appetite, enhancecognition and possibly reap other metabolic benefits of ketosis.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is Keto Factor XTM’s soluble source of L-tyrosine, a precursor for catecholamine synthesis (e.g.,noradrenaline and dopamine), thus supporting brainneurotransmitter levels and cognitive performance. When underduress (e.g., during a killer workout), tyrosine supplementationmay actually promote the aggressive mentality needed to drivethrough previous performance barriers.
Vasoactive Pump Matrix
Keto Factor XTM contains 3g of L-Citrulline, which if consumedalongside ArcReactorTM (our preworkout formula containing 6gof L-Citrulline) or some other 3-6g source L-Citrulline, provides anadequate dose to bolster nitric oxide synthesis [elevating botharginine and nitrite!], open up blood vessels, drive more bloodinto muscle, improve exercise performance, and perhaps evenreduce muscle soreness. L-Citrulline gives you a pump,performance enhancement and recovery potential, all in one!Taurine is a ß-amino acid vital for a plethora of cellularprocesses including maintaining cell volume. Adequatetaurine stores are necessary for optimal muscle force productionand useful to prevent muscle cramps. Although enduranceexercising rodents seem to get an ergogenic boost from taurine, differences in taurine metabolism probably explain why thishasn’t generally panned out in humans, at least duringendurance events;Rutherford, 2010 #10715}. On the otherhand, a 1-2 gram dose of taurine was ergogenic in an all-out 11min effort and increased fat burning during a 90 min bout. Still,taurine’s a perfect fit in Keto Factor XTM: Daily supplementationwith taurine and BCAA (in our Mytropic Maxtrix) can speedrecovery by reducing post-exercise muscle damage and oxidativestress, without sacri cing the normal adaptive free-radicalquenching adaptations sent in motion by training.
The casein-derived tripeptides in VasoDrive-APTM have beendemonstrated to normalize blood pressure by inhibitingangiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Inhibiting ACE and/orblocking the angiotensin II receptor also improves insulinsensitivity – vital for muscle blood ow and a good pump - andprotects your muscle cells (and their mitochondria) against ageand free-radical related dysfunction. However, it’s the potential ergogenic e ects of lowering ACE activity that have prompted the suggestion ACE inhibitors be scrutinized as doping agents! Capros is a concentrated extract from Indian gooseberry (a.k.a. amla) with powerful antioxidant properties. Caprosimproves markers of cardiovascular risk(e.g. C-protein levels)and blood vessel function, vital for a skin-splitting pump. [We’veintentionally limited the dose of Capros to ensure that it’s anti-oxidant quenching power (ORAC value) is roughly that of a feworanges, i.e., far less than what could endanger your gains.]
Disclaimer: L-Tyrosine may interact with certain drugs (such as MAOIs,Levodopa and thyroid medications).