- New look, same great product!
- 180ct Fish gelatin softgels
- Certified for Sport by NSF
- Molecularly distilled for purity
- NSF Tested & Certified
- 3000 IU Vitamin D3 per serving
- about 600mg total omega-3s per serving
- Sustainably harvested wild Sockeye salmon oil (Certified by MSC)
- Contains no artificial preservatives, color, dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy protein
- Product of USA
Omega-3s support the physical and mental demands placed on athletes.
Our unique supplement provides a healthful combination in each 3-softgel daily serving: 600mg omega-3s + 3000 IU Vitamin D3.
Our vitamin D3 is endorsed by Professor Michael Holick, M.D., Ph.D., the world-renowned vitamin D researcher based at Boston University.
Note: The official U.S. upper-intake limit for vitamin D is 4,000 IU/day for people aged 9 years or older, including pregnant or lactating women.
As well as enhancing general health, omega-3s and vitamin D support the extreme physical and mental demands placed on serious amateur and professional athletes.
Leading sports leagues and associations, including these, have authorized their athletes to use our Certified for Sport supplements:
- Major League Baseball
- MLB Players' Association
- National Football League
- NFL Players' Association
- The PGA and LPGA
- Canadian Center for Ethics in Sports
So that they can benefit from both, worry-free, we sought the prized Certified for Sport seal of approval from NSF, which assures athletes that our supplement is free of all substances banned by sports federations worldwide.
All Vital Choice Salmon Oil and Vitamin D supplements are made from the same pure, natural ingredients, in the same way ... but only our Salmon Oil + Vitamin D3 supplement is Certified for Sport.
The Certified for Sport program enforces four key provisions and provides continual monitoring to ensure compliance with substance prohibitive lists promulgated by WADA, NSF Annex A, NFL, MLB, and NCAA:
- Banned substance screening for products intended for professional and elite athletes.
- Good Manufacturing Practices audits of the production facility.
- Toxicological reviews of the product's formulation and substantiation of any product claims.
- Annual label claim tests to ensure the product is meeting its declared nutritional values and is free from microbial and heavy metal contamination.
We are proud to partner with NSF to bring high-quality, all natural supplements to athletes serious about their sport and their health. NSF International certifies that our Sockeye Salmon Oil provides the omega-3 levels stated on the label.
About our wild sockeye salmon oil
Vital Choice Salmon Oil comes from the heads of freshly harvested wild Alaskan sockeye salmon.
Its brilliant orange color comes from astaxanthin: the carotenoid-class antioxidant that wild salmon acquire by eating krill and other zooplankton.
These unique attributes make Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Oil a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement.
Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon are among the purest of all ocean fish, according to the EPA, FDA, and independent scientists. (Visit our Purity page to learn more.)
And we purify our oil using molecular distillation, which removes mercury and manmade chemical contaminants without affecting the structure or value of its omega-3 fatty acids.
These unique attributes make Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Oil a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement. NSF International certifies that our Sockeye Salmon Oil provides the omega-3 levels stated on the label.
Omega-3 health benefits
The U.S. FDA has approved two qualified health claims regarding omega-3 EPA and DHA:
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Consuming EPA and DHA combined may reduce blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension, a risk factor for CHD (coronary heart disease). However, FDA has concluded that the evidence is inconsistent and inconclusive.
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) that abound only in seafood (especially fatty fish) – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages*:
- Fetal development
- Skin, hair, and nails
- Joints and movement
- Cognition (thinking), attention, mood, and memory
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.