About this item
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Featuring shrimp hand-harvested in Mexico’s Gulf of California, our shrimp burgers come to you ready to cook from frozen and contain only wild shrimp (Litopenaeus stylirostris), organic extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic. Gluten free, non-GMO, paleo- and keto friendly. Product of Mexico.
- SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED: Instead of big trawlers, this shrimp fishery uses small boats called pangas that meander through coastal lagoons in the Gulf of California. The fishermen belong to local co-ops and use an artisanal (non-mechanized) harvest technique called suripera, which relies on tides and wind to drift their boats, along with their hand-cast nets. This technique has the lowest bycatch and fuel consumption per pound of seafood in the world.
- FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED: Our shrimp burgers are made with shrimp supplied by the first shrimp fishery in the world to be Fair Trade Certified. To earn this certification, the producers must meet criteria that promotes worker empowerment, local economic development, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- ALWAYS WILD, NEVER FARMED: Shrimp is America’s favorite seafood, yet 90% of the shrimp eaten in the U.S. is farm-raised, and most is imported from countries where environmental standards are less stringent, and labor practices and sustainability are questionable. When you buy sustainably caught wild shrimp, you support family businesses, responsible fisheries, and coastal communities.
- COOK FROM FROZEN: Keep frozen until use. Heat sauté pan on medium. Add 1 T oil or butter. Add burger to pan and cook for 3–4 minutes covered. Turn burger and cook another 3–4 minutes partially covered.