- Random-size portions
- May include small tail portions
- Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Red, Ivory, and/or Marbled portions
- Sustainably harvested
Wild Pacific king (chinook) salmon is even higher in omega-3-rich oil than other salmon, making it the very richest available.
Line-caught on small boats, our king salmon are iced immediately and flash-frozen to preserve its fresh-caught quality.
Our random-weight offering contains 5 lbs of skinless-boneless portions of varying sizes, with approximately 14 individually packaged portions per box.
Your package may include smaller tail sections, which cook more quickly and are ideal for smaller appetites.
In addition to regular Red King salmon portions, your order may also include some Ivory King and/or Marbled King portions, which offer the same great flavor, texture, and omega-3 content.
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – About 3,319mg of omega-3 EPA+DHA, or 6 to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 — About 400 IU in the optimal D3 form, which is more than most other fish, and more than any fortified food, approaching the child-to-adult US RDA of 600 IU.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: King portions have the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.