- One of Randy's Picks
- Certified Kosher (EarthK)
- Line-caught for superior quality
- Each box will contain an average of 14 underweaght portions
- May include smaller tail sections
- Ivory and/or Marbled King Salmon*
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of USA or Canada
Wild Pacific king (chinook) salmon is higher in fat — and omega-3s — than other salmon, making it the very richest.
Our random-weight offering contains 5 lbs of skin-on, boneless portions of varying sizes and colors.
*Ivory King and Marbled King portions offer the same great flavor, texture, and omega-3 content as Red King Salmon.
Line-caught on small boats, our king salmon is immediately iced, and then flash-frozen within a day to preserve its fresh-caught quality.
Your package may include smaller tail sections, which cook more quickly and are ideal for smaller appetites.
King salmon nutrition
In addition to ample protein, King salmon provide three beneficial natural food factors in abundance per 6 oz portion, and will vary annually and by harvest location:
- Omega-3s – Provides six to 13 times more than the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake recommended by most world health authorities (250-500mg).
- Vitamin D3 – Provides one- to two-thirds of the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU) ... more than almost all other fish, and far more than any fortified food.
- Astaxanthin – About 1.49 mg (red king). This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits. Astaxanthin content varies by color: King portions have the most while Ivory King portions have the least.
Wild King (Chinook) Salmon top all wild species for fat and omega-3 content, and is very rich in vitamin D
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.