About this item
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Cut from the fish's head near and around the lower eye, Pacific halibut (Hippoglossus stenolepsis) cheeks are somewhat like scallops in both texture and shape, and they provide a sweet and luxurious flavor. Average 10 cheeks per 16-ounce bag. Product of USA or Canada.
- SUPERIOR NUTRITION: In addition to 38g of lean protein, our Pacific halibut cheeks provide 775mg of omega-3s per 6-ounce serving. Unlike plant-based omega-3s, seafood-source omega-3s contain long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (DHA and EPA) best known for supporting human health at the cellular level.
- SUSTAINABLY HARVESTED: Wild Pacific halibut fisheries in Alaska and British Columbia use longline catch method, have minimal impact on habitat, and regulations are in place to minimize bycatch. Using the latest scientific information on the abundance and potential yield of the Pacific halibut stock, the International Pacific Halibut Commission establishes catch limits annually for fisheries in U.S. and Canadian waters.
- SUSHI GRADE: The safest seafood for serving raw is seafood that’s been previously frozen. All our seafoods meet or exceed FDA guidelines and are suitable for sashimi, poke, ceviche, or tartare.
- COOKING RECOMMENDATION: Similar in size to large scallops, Pacific halibut cheeks are similar in texture to chicken breast and cook quickly. They take particularly well to baking, grilling, searing, sautéing, and steaming. Take care not to overcook.