- Skin-on / boneless
- Top-grade wild Sockeye Salmon
- Average of 14 individually packaged portions per box
- Random-size pieces - may include small tail pieces
- Sustainably harvested
- Certified Kosher (EarthK). Approved for Passover.
- Ships frozen for 2-3 day delivery
- Product of USA or Canada
Buy in bulk to save, and choose skin-on for optimal omega-3 levels!
This special offering saves you from $3.50 to $12.00 per pound, compared with our skinless/boneless 6-oz. sockeye portions (which vary in cost depending on the amount you choose).
About sockeye salmon
Each species of wild salmon features its own characteristic flavor and texture, and has its admirers.
But our most popular salmon features a deep, rich flavor that many consider the "truest" salmon taste.
This fabulously healthful fish abounds in omega-3s, vitamin D, and more ... see "Sockeye salmon: A true superfood", below.
Why is Vital Choice sockeye so clearly superior?
Salmon connoisseurs find that our sockeye easily beats the very best that supermarkets and specialty stores can offer.
The reasons are simple, but very hard for others to replicate.
First and foremost, the relationships we fostered during decades of fishing Alaskan waters give us rare access to the very finest of these fish.
And our sockeye comes from smaller harvest regions ("fisheries") that host fewer boats and feature faster processing ... so our sockeye is flash-frozen within hours of harvest to capture its fresh-caught quality.
These advantages explain why chefs and savvy salmon shoppers consider Vital Choice wild Sockeye such a rare catch!
Pure and wholesome
Wild Sockeye salmon rank among the purest of all ocean fish, which is why the EPA, FDA, and consumer advocates recommend it without reservation.
Sockeye vs. king and silver salmon
Wild Sockeye is richer than silver (Coho) salmon and a bit leaner than king (Chinook) salmon, with a firmer texture than either fish.
What people say
"Your Sockeye fillets are the best I have ever tasted. I am so impressed, no wonder Dr. Perricone recommends your salmon, it is the BEST." - Melody L., San Clemente, CA
"I just wanted to let you know that the Sockeye salmon is out of this world, what a difference from the store brand!" - Dawn E.
Sockeye salmon: A true super food
As well as ample protein, sockeye offers abundant omega-3s and unrivaled levels of vitamin D and astaxanthin (as-tuh-zan-thin).
On average, each 6-oz. sockeye portion (this pack contain random size pieces) provides:
- Omega-3s – 1,500-2,000mg (mostly EPA and DHA), or 6 to 8 times the minimum daily EPA+DHA intake (250mg) recommended by most world health authorities. (Please see the Nutrition tab on this page for the current omega-3 content of our sockeye salmon, which varies by harvest year and region.)
- Vitamin D3 – About 1,110 IU (in the optimal D3 form). This is double the child-to-adult US RDA (600 IU), more than any other fish or salmon species, and far more than farm-raised salmon or any fortified food, such as milk.
- Astaxanthin – 6-7mg*. This red-orange pigment is a carotenoid-class nutrient with unique health benefits.
*Iwamoto T et al. Inhibition of low-density lipoprotein oxidation by astaxanthin. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2000;7(4):216-22
Turujman SA, et al. Rapid liquid chromatographic method to distinguish wild salmon from aquacultured salmon fed synthetic astaxanthin. J AOAC Int. 1997 May-Jun;80(3):622-32.7
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.