About this item
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Vital Choice ikura is top-grade salmon roe, unpasteurized and cured in a custom 2.5% brine. Significantly smaller than keta and pink salmon roe, sockeye salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka) ikura is known for its bright red color and pleasantly bitter finish. Packaged in resealable plastic trays (BPA-NI) that are divided into four 8.8-oz sections, to allow removal of only a quarter at a time, as desired.
- SUPERIOR NUTRITION: Wild Alaskan salmon ikura is prized across cultures worldwide for its flavor, texture, and remarkable health benefits. Unlike plant-based omega-3s, seafood-source omega-3s contain long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (DHA and EPA) best known for supporting human health at the cellular level. Salmon roe is the richest food source of phospholipid-form omega-3 fatty acids available. Sockeye ikura provides 900mg omega-3s and 9g of protein per 1-ounce serving.
- SUSTAINABLE ALASKAN SEAFOOD: Like all Alaskan seafood, wild Alaskan salmon roe is a resource strictly managed for sustainability. Constitutionally mandated regulations and close monitoring of Alaska’s salmon fisheries help to preserve and protect Alaskan salmon roe for generations to come.
- SUSHI GRADE: The safest seafood for serving raw is seafood that’s been previously frozen. All our seafoods meet or exceed FDA guidelines and are suitable for sashimi, poke, ceviche, or tartare.
- STORAGE & THAWING: To preserve its flavor and texture, we recommend thawing ikura slowly under refrigeration for 12–24 hours rather than thawing it quicker at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container and use within 7–10 days. Best when consumed within 3–6 months of purchase.