- New look, same great product!
- Fish gelatin softgels
- Organic lemon oil added
- Easy-swallow 850mg size
- MSC-certified sustainable
- 2000 IU Vitamin D3 per serving
- 1,010mg EPA+DHA per serving
- 1,180mg total omega-3s per serving
- NSF Tested & Certified
- Molecularly distilled and concentrated
- Sourced from sustainable Alaskan pollock
- Natural, triglyceride-form marine omega-3s
- No dairy, starch, wheat, yeast, sugar, or soy protein
- No artificial preservatives, additives, or colors
- Product of USA
Our High-Potency supplement provides above-average amounts of omega-3 DHA + EPA and vitamin D3.
This makes it ideal for people who want or need higher doses, and provides them with just two softgel capsules daily.
Certified pure, with concentrated omega-3s
The oil in our Omega-3 + Vitamin D3 Therapy softgels comes from wild-caught pollock ... an extraordinarily pure fish from pristine Pacific Northwest waters.
And our oil undergoes a safe separation process called molecular distillation, to accomplish two goals:
- Concentrate the oil's omega-3s, so that just two softgels provide the amount recommended to most heart patients.
- Reduce contaminants to the levels deemed safe by the U.S. FDA and public health authorities worldwide (i.e., minuscule or non-detectable amounts).
To keep the oil fresh and healthful, we add natural, non-GMO mixed tocopherols (vitamin E complex) and natural astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is the carotenoid-class orange pigment – and highly potent antioxidant – found in algae, shellfish, and wild salmon.
These unique attributes make Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Oil a rare, powerfully health-promoting omega-3 supplement. NSF International certifies that our Sockeye Salmon Oil provides the omega-3 levels stated on the label.
Omega-3 health benefits
The U.S. FDA has approved two qualified health claims regarding omega-3 EPA and DHA:
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Consuming EPA and DHA combined may reduce blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension, a risk factor for CHD (coronary heart disease). However, FDA has concluded that the evidence is inconsistent and inconclusive.
The long-chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA) found only in seafood – and in supplemental fish and krill oils – are essential to human life and support optimal health in key organs, systems, and life stages.*
- Eye health
- Joint health
- Brain health
- Heart health
- Circulatory health
- Healthy skin & hair
- Healthy triglycerides
Recommended intakes of vitamin D
The U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances for vitamin D are 400 IU from birth to 12 months, 600 IU for ages 1-70 years (and for pregnant and breastfeeding women) and 800 IU for age 71-plus.
However, leading vitamin D researchers worldwide recommend consuming 1000 to 2000 IU per day, to ensure adequate blood levels*.
The official U.S. upper-intake limits are 1,000/day to 1,500 IU/day for infants under one year, 2,500 to 3,000 IU/day for children 1-8 years, and 4,000 IU/day for everyone aged 9 years or older, including pregnant or lactating women.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.