Three (5.3oz) Burger-Patties per 1-lb. pack
- 100% Grass-Fed/Grass-Finished
- Free roaming - Prairie raised
- Humanely raised
- Leaner than standard beef
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones or antibiotics
- Product of USA (South Dakota)
Please check our Serving/Care instructions, because bison cooks faster than conventional beef.
The bison (American buffalo) that provide our burgers roam the South Dakota prairie, grazing freely on native grasses.
Their lean, healthy meat packs a big protein punch, plus a fat profile better than conventional beef’s.
And the ranchers’ land and animal management practices protect native prairie plants and animals.
We’re proud to present a perfectly natural, delicious protein that offers many advantages:
Nutritional and culinary
- Sweet, delicious, exceptionally healthful meat
- More protein per ounce vs. conventional beef
- 3.5 times more omega-3 fatty acids than grain-fed bison
- Fewer calories and less fat or cholesterol than conventional beef or chicken
Eco and animal welfare
- Humane animal husbandry
- Sustainable methods of ranching
- Better lives for an iconic American animal
- No pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, or hormones
- Restoration of more than 100,000 acres of prairie
- Fights climate change by preserving carbon-storing plants
The Wild Idea story
Our bison (American buffalo) burgers come from the Wild Idea Buffalo Company, founded in 1997 by longtime wildlife biologist and rancher Dan O’Brien.
Dan and his wife Jill run the Cheyenne River Ranch, located just west of the Badlands National Park and north of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
They’ve encouraged Native American ranches to join their co-op, thereby assisting economic recovery among Native families.
Their mission is to preserve the Great Plains ecosystem by returning buffalo back to their native homeland.
As they say, "By aligning our actions with nature, we are able to restore the health of the prairies, care for the animals, and keep carbon safely stored underground, while providing healthy, 100% grass-fed meat that can be consumed with a clear conscience.”