- Provides 300 mg of DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid which aids in fetal health and development.*
- Supports brain and eye development.*
- Vital for nervous system growth and support.*
- Important for a healthy heart and cardiovascular system*
- Non-fish source of DHA.
GNC Prenatal DHA is a premium, vegetarian source of DHA tailored specifically with the health of your baby in mind. Pregnancy is a special time in a woman's life and a time to be mindful of the nutritional needs of you and your baby. Maternal nutrition before, during and after pregnancy affects both your well-being and your infants growth.
It is highly recommended that mothers ingest DHA during pregnancy and while nursing for a number of reasons. DHA during pregnancy and while nursing for a number of reasons. DHA is a predominant structural omega-3 fatty acid in the brain and retina and is passed through the placenta to the baby. In fact, more than half of the brain is made up of fats, the majority of which is DHA. Following childbirth, it is passed through breast mild. It plays a vital role in supporting the healthy development of a baby's brain, eyes and nervous system.* In addition, DHA is also vital for a healthy heart and cardiovascular system.* By aiding in the development of these body systems, GNC Prenatal DHA provides baby with the nutritional support needed during the early phase of life.* And best of all, each softgel is enteric coated which allows it to break down and absorb in the small intestine. This controls or reduces the unpleasant aftertaste or burps.
A complete nutritional program should be followed prior to conception through pregnancy and maintained while breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor about taking GNC Prenatal DHA in addition to GNC's prenatal multivitamin.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.