Nutritional Insurance For Mom & Baby
- 1,000 mcg of folic acid to support healthy fetal development
- 600 mg of bone-strengthening calcium
- 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption
- Iron to support increased blood volume
- Antioxidants to support immune health
- Supplies a balanced nutritional blend combining vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to supplement a healthy diet. Emerging research suggests that antioxidants can help protect the body from harmful free radicals that can destroy healthy cells
- Provides 1,000 mcg of folic acid, critical during the earliest weeks of pregnancy when a baby's organs are forming. Adequate intake of folic acid in a healthy diet before and during early pregnancy may reduce the risk of birth defects of the brain and spinal cord. Folic acid is also required for cell growth and DNA formation.
- Features 600 mg of bone-strengthening calcium which is vital during pregnancy, especially during the third trimester when fetal bones begin to calcify. If a mother's calcium level drops, her body can pull calcium from her bones resulting in loss of bone density. Also includes 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption.
- Includes iron to support placental and fetal needs and a mother's increased blood volume.
A complete nutritional program should be followed prior to conception through pregnancy and maintained while breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor about adding GNC Prenatal Formula to your daily nutritional regimen.